Friday, October 31, 2008

A truly Scary Social Commentary,...

Happy Halloween,..yet goodbye to the social fabric of a once great province. Ever since 'the Quiet Revolution' Quebec has been in a downward cultural spiral which can only compare to advanced cancer. In the 1950's Quebec had the distinction of being North America's jewel for the Catholic Church. Faith occupied everyone's daily life and Mass attendance was around 95%. Now fast forward 50plus years later and we have Mass attendance at 5% of all French Speaking Roman Catholics. Indifference slowly gives way to secularism and throw in the 'sexual revolution' we end up with a western culture attempting to contracept themselves out of existance. Why so moody, and pessimistic, you ask? Well, the answer is simple. I did not go to work today, cause I needed to get some shopping done for my friends' Halloween party. Upon arriving at the store, (this morning,..so clearly everyone else had the same idea..)picking up my supplies, (pinky ring, teeth grill,..etc) I got in a line to pay at the cash. The woman in front of me was with her daughter, about 13years old (no I don't know why she wasn't in school...)and buying a KIDS SIZE playboy bunny costume.
Does anyone else see what is wrong with this picture? We are in deep trouble...All I know, is that I can assure you, that if I ever have a daughter, there is probably more of a chance that I would grow wings and fly, before I would ever buy her a playboy bunny costume,..let alone KIDS version!

Habs over Minnesota 2-1 (thanks to Carey Price)

Happy Halloween. (BTW, no I'm not going as a pimp, I am going as Bob 'Elvis' Gratton...)

No comments: