Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Starbucks Brainfart...

Sometimes, just sometimes its almost too hard to refrain from laughing one's ass off at some of the most bizarre stories to ever make it to print.  Case in point, what the title reads.  I honestly had to doublecheck, pinch myself, look myself in the mirror and finally admit to laughing myself stupid over probably one of the kookiest news reports ever!  Slow day?  Well it must have been, because Starbucks has officially declared itself in favour of gay marriage!  (see here)

A little theological reflection.  We live in a turbulent world where you know the demonic is rampant when social issues like so-called same sex 'marriage' and abortion are already hot button bombs from voter perspectives.  As a Catholic, I've never hid my stripes.  I am pro-life staunchly and pro traditional marriage staunchly.  Nevertheless, doesn't it make anyone else scratch their head and wonder why a coffee chain would come out for or against a social position?  I never truly realized the 'social justice' weight Starbucks has...and here's the other part of the equation,..they sell coffee!!!!!!  Friggin' coffee!!!  Well, along with their minds, they have lost me as a customer, but why in the blue hell, would they ever come out for or against gay marriage,.did I mention they sell coffee?? 

What's next?  Maybe the local Chinese buffet will come out against stem cells, while the Greek dry cleaners pro women's ordination.  I truly believe society needs to hold up a mirror to itself.  Mr Starbucks, you sell friggin coffee!  No one who is mildly sane would ever even think to ask you to weigh in on a social issue!  Now that you have, I have enjoyed my last moka frappa crappa grande latte, or whatever.  I'll stick to Tim Horton's, where in their corporate meetings, the gay agenda probably never comes up...they concentrate on coffee and donoughts, what they were intended for...




G.K.  Chesterton,.........pray for us!

1 comment:

janispunk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.